Independent Financial Planning
- Independent Advice from an on-staff CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional
- Retirement, Estate, Tax, Investment, College and Insurance planning.
- Stock options, early retirement and portfolio risk and performance analysis are specialties.
What I can do for you as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
Aid you in compiling a complete financial statement and in setting goals
A physician usually begins by taking a complete medical evaluation of his client. A CFP® takes a similar approach through a comprehensive financial analysis. Specialized training and experience enables me to know what questions to ask to help you define your personal goals.
Analyze relevant aspects of your current financial picture
Your financial situation has many components (assets, income, insurance, taxes, business interests, wills, etc.) which need careful scrutiny and analysis in light of your objectives.
Identify weaknesses and recommend improvements
The CFP® practitioner's objective is to design a strategy which will overcome any current weakness, and provide specific recommendations to help you pursue your financial objectives.
Coordinate and implement your plan
Any financial plan, no matter how impressive or well designed, is worthless unless it is implemented. A good CFP® practitioner ensures that all the elements of your plan are put into effect, and that the work of specialists - such as your attorney or accountant - are coordinated on your behalf.
Comprehensive financial planning generally ranges from $1,000 to $2,900, with more complex cases starting at $2,500. The fee covers one year of new scenarios, clarifications or updates.
How to Select a Financial Advisor
- 10 Questions to Ask your Financial Planner
- Why you should choose a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) (.pdf)
- How a Financial Planner Can Help You...And How to Choose the Right One (.pdf)
- Selecting an investment advisor- The investor's right to know (.pdf)
- Why select a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder? (.pdf)
- What you should know about Financial Planning (.pdf)
- General Information about Financial Planning